As downtown continues to grow so, too, does its community events. Such was the case with this year’s 2016 Youngstown Holiday Parade & Tree Lighting which expanded its activities as well as tree lighting footprint to include all of W. Federal Street in addition to Central Square.
Several thousand folks enjoyed the festivities which included the parade, free admission to Oh Wow! Children’s Center, “Dueling Piano’s” at Suzie’s Dogs & Drafts, Youngstown Phantoms hockey game, gallery show opening at Soap Gallery, photos with Santa in 20 Federal Place, free fire-roasted chestnuts and the lighting of the Christmas Tree, Central Square and the medians along W. Federal Street.
Also new this year was the addition of the Youngstown Flea which featured over 45 vendors at DeYor Performance Art Center. A sincere thank you to all of our sponsors who made the event and downtown lighting possible. Happy Holidays!
- Downtown Festive With Parade, Tree Lighting (Vindicator)
- Special Meaning Behind Youngstown Christmas Tree Donation (WFMJ)
- Recap: Youngstown’s Annual Holiday Parade & Tree Lighting (WKBN/WYTV)
- Youngstown Flea Goes Indoor For Final Event Of The Year (WKBN/WYTV)
- Video: Downtown Holiday Parade & Tree Lighting (Nick Serra)
Photos by David Pokrivnak